Thursday, January 3, 2013

What are you driving?


“Writing is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.” E.L. Doctorow

Isn’t all of life that way, though? We don’t know what tomorrow will bring, we don’t know what is around the next curve. All we can do is keep going.

I joined yet another writing challenge, the Ultimate BlogChallenge. The goal is to post on your blog every single day the entire month of January. I have a tentative outline for all of those days, but it seems that things in my life keep changing, evolving. Just like the novel I had been trying to write (and have sadly neglected the last month and a half), I don’t know what’s around the corner. But I will keep driving this crazy car called “the aspiring writer”. We will see where I end up. 




2 comments:

Pencildancers said...

Grr! Second attempt at posting a comment and all my brilliant words have left my brain.

I did the challenge in November. This time I'm not going for all the days. But the good thing you learn from this is too see life as a blog post and to always have your camera..

Diana

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Diana, I do always have my camera ready. That's the great thing about digital - the delete button.