Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Streets of Hatchet Creek - Day 12

I need to start making some tracks. It is the end of August already. School starts next week. And here in Northern Wisconsin, that means it could snow any day. I know, nobody wants to hear that, but it’s the truth and you know it.


I had the support of my friend Nancy to walk a loop with me this time, along the Hiawatha Trail down Leather Avenue and back up Fourth Street to the hospital. I had to scan a new map for the north side of town.


 The sign just went up this week, that Pop's Feed and Garden is going out of business. Always sad when a store closes in a town like Tomahawk.

 The rest are self-explanatory, but below is the New Tomahawk Pharmacy. It just opened in the last month, in the building that had been Elaine's Village Square. On the inside, you would never recognize the place.

 Ok, and finally, the picture below was not taken in Tomahawk. It is from Jim's Apple Farm and Candy Store in Jordan, Minnesota. It made me smile, especially the "old Dog N Suds". Not old in Tomahawk.
 And last, the map, our route in yellow. Sorry it's not too clear. I need to clean this up, don't I?

No comments: