Sunday, August 31, 2014

Unburden Your Troubles

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

(Joseph M. Scriven, 1855, public domain)

We sang this hymn in church last night, and since now it is stuck in my head, I thought I would put it in your head as well. What I find so amazing about these old hymns, as well as the Bible itself, is how relevant these words still are today. God is surely trying to tell us something.

Hope you are having a beautiful holiday weekend.

Mirror Lake in Bradley Park, Tomahawk. A place to go to unburden your troubles to God. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful lake. I photographed this lake 3 years ago in the fall with the beautiful colors. I printed them in 5 by 7 inch prints, framed them and put them on my wall. Love it!!!!!!!!

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Yup, Lisa, I was thinking that I need to get back there when the colors change too and get some more pictures. How blessed we are to live near such beauty.