Sunday, November 30, 2014

Psalm 136

1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
2 Give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.
3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever.
4 to him who alone does great wonders,
His love endures forever.
5 who by his understanding made the heavens,
His love endures forever.
6 who spread out the earth upon the waters,
His love endures forever.
7 who made the great lights—
His love endures forever.
8 the sun to govern the day,
His love endures forever.
9 the moon and stars to govern the night;
His love endures forever.

23 He remembered us in our low estate
His love endures forever.
24 and freed us from our enemies.
His love endures forever.
25 He gives food to every creature.
His love endures forever.
26 Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His love endures forever.
(New International Version)

For the month of November, I have been blogging about 30 things I am thankful for. Last time you joined me here, I was up to number 25. Each verse of beautiful Psalm 136 gives us ideas of more things we should be thankful for. Here are the five remaining things I’d like to give thanks for, all of which I have pulled from this chapter of the Bible.

Number 26 I am thankful there is One True God and that His goodness and mercy endures forever.

Number 27 I am thankful that my One True God has made the heavens and the earth. He made these for all mankind, for our survival and our enjoyment.

Number 28 I am thankful that my One True God has made the sun to shine down on this earth during the day, to keep us warm and to grow our plants. And I am thankful that He placed a moon and the stars in the nighttime sky, to guide us when we are lost and alone in the still darkness of the night.  

Number 29 I am thankful that my One True God has made food and drink to sustain us. I am thankful that He has granted me such a wealth of items to pick from, from healthy to decadent.

Number 30 I am thankful that my One True God sent His only begotten Son to die for my sins so that I will not suffer eternal death, but instead will one day join Him in my eternal home in paradise.


And so we head into the Christmas season. 25 days from now we celebrate the night the world welcomed this Savior. Give thanks for that event today and every day.   


No comments: