Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thankful for Freedom

Today is Veteran’s Day. As I write my 30 days of thanks this month, it is a no-brainer what I am thankful for today.

Since the Revolutionary War, tens of thousands of men and women have fought for our freedom, have fought so that we can retain our God-given rights, have fought so that we can sleep easy at night, can earn a decent living doing work that we enjoy, can spend leisure time with family and friends, can practice the religion we choose. I think of all the things we have in the United States the one thing we take most for granted is our freedoms.

Then I look at all the things going on in this world, the things happening right here at home, and I feel there are those who are deliberately trying to take our freedoms away from us. They are devious and cunning, they aren’t bold and in our faces. Instead they are insidious, silent, predatory. I don’t think they plan on waging the kind of war we are prepared for. Our Service men and women prepare for physical battle, with physical weapons, weapons that kill and maim bodies, not weapons that kill and maim souls.

And so, I’m thankful for what I have right now. I won’t take it for granted. I’ll try to be strong, try to defend my personal freedoms and the freedoms of those I love. I’ll support our troops in the battles that they wage, but the rest I will just have to turn over to God.


In the meantime, semper fi.
Last I must also share Ben's story one more time. Click here. 
I also want to tell you about a book two of our friends wrote, "Dear Laura" by Dave Baltes and Gordon Lovsletten. It is going on sale today here in Tomahawk, or you can send for a copy. Read the article in today's Tomahawk Leader. 
(which wasn't on line when I posted this, but keep checking.)  

No comments: