Sunday, November 9, 2014

Psalm 9

1 I will give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart.
    I will tell about all the miracles you have done.
2 I will find joy and be glad about you.
    I will make music to praise your name, O Most High.
3 When my enemies retreat, they will stumble and die in your presence.
4 You have defended my just cause:
    You sat down on your throne as a fair judge.
5         You condemned nations.
        You destroyed wicked people.
        You wiped out their names forever and ever.
6 The enemy is finished—in ruins forever.
    You have uprooted their cities.
        Even the memory of them has faded.
7 Yet, the Lord is enthroned forever.
    He has set up his throne for judgment.
8 He alone judges the world with righteousness.
    He judges its people fairly.
9 The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed,
    a stronghold in times of trouble.
10 Those who know your name trust you, O Lord,
    because you have never deserted those who seek your help.

Psalm 9:1-10 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

Looking at the world around us today, listening to the news, one wonders if God is still thumping our enemies like He used to. Maybe that is because we aren’t living out verse 10. I will continue to be thankful that God is in my personal life and will continue to pray that He keeps me and my loved ones safe from the wicked. 
Lest we forget the Holocaust 

No comments: