Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thankful for Family

Hard to believe that we are this far into November. I have been writing about what I am thankful for this month, and I better get serious about my list as I was only up to number 12 last time!

#13 Ok, since it is lucky thirteen, she will understand. I am thankful every day of my life that God sent my sister Pat to be my best friend for 39 years. But actually since she was here first, I guess I should be thankful that God sent me into my particular family when Pat was two and a half years old and totally ready to be a devoted big sister. Not a day passes that I don’t miss her, but I know we will be together again someday and I am just as thankful that I will have that opportunity to again be her baby sister.

#14 My other big sister, Judy. Because she is quite a bit older than me, I don’t remember her living with us. But I do remember her wedding, when I was six years old. I thought it was pretty cool. I’m thankful though that now that we are older, we have more things in common, and we can be friends in addition to being sisters.

#15 My brother Tom. I can’t tell you why I am thankful for him. Judy knows why, and my hubby too. Family secrets, don’t you just hate them? I can tell you that I am thankful that he has a family picnic every summer. It brings out the whole family, kids, grandkids and cousins. It is always a good time.

#16 My dad. What can I say about Dad? Too much to list here. I can’t believe he’s been gone 21 years!

 #17 My mom. Ok if I can’t think of anything quick and witty about Dad, I sure can’t come up with something about Mom. I’m thankful that I had two parents who managed to turn out four pretty decent kids. I can’t in all honesty say they were always there for us, but they were always there when we really needed them. I guess that’s what’s important.

Ok, whew, I got through the immediate family. What’s next? 



(Disclosure: Because there may be someone in my family with an aversion to having their picture taken, you only get to see pictures of those who are no longer with us.)

No comments: