Sunday, June 26, 2016

Need Encouragement?

 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17(New International Version)

I’ve been under a lot of stress the last few weeks to the point of feeling on the verge of a having a nervous breakdown. Feeling that I cannot get through one more single day, or even one more single moment.

I didn’t have a sudden epiphany. All of my problems didn’t suddenly go away. Maybe I just got tired of stressing. Or maybe, maybe I listened to that still small voice in the back of my head, the one which tells me that everything is going to be all right. Things will happen the way they are meant to happen. That still small voice which gets me back on track every time.

I don’t know how nonbelievers do it. Where do they turn when stress drives them to the breaking point? What does their still small voice tell them?

Mine tells me to turn it over to God. And that works every time.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, thank You.

No comments: