Friday, July 22, 2016

A Ride down the Mississippi

As I shared last time, Hubby and I visited his brother in the Quad Cities this June. The morning was spent at the Rhubarb Fest in Aledo, Illinois. We couldn’t decide what to do with our afternoon, until Sister-In-Law suggested a ride on the river. I thought that was a fantastic idea. 

We boarded the Celebration Queen at Moline for a three-hour tour. Ok, it was only one and a half hours, but well, a song started going through my head and – never mind.  

 The next pictures are of buildings on the Rock Island Arsenal island.
 Our captain had a story for each of these buildings, but I can't remember them all.
There is a lot of history on the island, however.

 On the Iowa side of the river, there were cool boats and
 magnificent mansions.

 The Celebration Queen was pretty herself.


I really was more excited than is reflected on my face. It was a beautiful day spent with great people.

No comments: