Sunday, July 24, 2016

Releasing Children From Poverty

 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14 New International Version

Friday I attended another Christian music event, this time however as a volunteer for Compassion. 
 I worked mostly at the Virtual Reality trip to Haiti, where attendees get to experience what it’s like to live in poverty in Haiti. Everyone who took the “trip” thought it was amazing, right down to the fact that it was pushing 90 degrees that day so participants experienced the heat of that country as well.
 
 The hardest part for me, when I volunteer at the Compassion booth, is seeing all the beautiful children and wishing I could sponsor them all, make a difference in each and every one of their lives.
For right now, though, all I can is pray for them and continue to support my sweet little Compassion girl in Kenya. 

Father in Heaven, be with Your children living in poverty, release them from their conditions if it be Your will, and grant them the peace of knowing that they are not alone. That they are saved through faith in Jesus Christ. Amen. 

No comments: