Thursday, September 15, 2016

A New State Park

I know that earlier this week I finished telling you about our camping trip to  Michigan’s Keweenaw Peninsula (and I can spell Keweenaw with no problem, but can never spell Peninsula correctly the first time!). I couldn’t resist adding this teaser, though.

A few weeks after we returned from that trip, I talked the hubby into taking a drive up to another Michigan state park. I had gotten him so hooked at camping at McLain State Park that I was afraid he would never go anywhere else. I had to prove to him that there are other campgrounds he could try out.

First though we had to stop at the first roadside park.
 Not too much farther down the road, we came to Bewabic State Park, between Crystal Falls and Iron River. My sister Pat and I had camped here a couple times back in the early eighties. It was just as I remembered.
 I didn’t take any pictures of the campsites, but when Hubby saw that they have pull-through sites – no backing up the camper, Honey – he was sold.




 And when we leave the campground, we can explore the Iron County Courthouse in Crystal Falls.
 Or the Paint River.
Cannot wait for next summer!

No comments: