Sunday, September 25, 2016

Getting Lost and Being Found


Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see. (John Newton) 

Yesterday I experienced my first trip through a corn maze. Prior to entering, we received a generalized picture of the maze with the locations of the eight stops where we could punch our card. After wondering aimlessly for a while and having found none of the stations, we decided, in a near panic, that we just wanted to get out. We finally stumbled across one of the stations and I found it on the map. I was able to get my bearings and thought, ah, ha, maybe we can find the rest of the spots if I just keep us on course. We found the next station, but about that time the 17-year-old girl I was supposed to be guiding decided she had had enough. “Can we just try to find our way out?”

Have you ever been lost and just wanted to find your way out? Has life bombarded you with situations that you just wanted to get out of? Did you feel you had nowhere to turn for guidance?

We all know where to turn when we are lost in the maze called life. Jesus is called our Savior for a reason.


Lord, Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Your Son to save us when we are lost and to guide us Home. Amen. 

No comments: