Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Copper Harbor and Brockway Mountain and Mandan, oh my

Thursday, August 4th, was our last full day of camping in the UP and once again, I had a full day planned. 
 Believe it or not, a friend of mine was already planning on camping at Fort Wilkins State Park that week, so I told her we would drive up to see her. That took up most of the morning but we had a good visit and it was great seeing her and the rest of her family. It has been a long time.

We drove back into Copper Harbor and poked around in a few gift shops. Didn’t find anything that we couldn’t live without, not even ice cream, for a change.
 
 We took the scenic road up and over Brockway Mountain on the way back to our campground. The views all speak for themselves.
 
 We got back as far as Eagle Harbor and ate lunch at the little town park, where we always stop.

I don’t think I mentioned previously, but we had already stopped at the Jampot twice. When we were there earlier that morning, they didn’t have their hermit cookies baked yet (my very favorite), so Hubby insisted we stop one last time to buy some.
 Last but most importantly, we finished out the day by finally finding the ghost town of Mandan. Truly easy to find and just off of Highway 41, just like my directions said. Sometimes I have to just shake my head and move on.
 

The next morning, very sadly, we packed up the camper and headed home. We’ll be back to the UP soon. 

No comments: