Thursday, May 25, 2017

2017 Kenya Log Entry 14

I promise this will be the last post about my trip to Kenya in April. Or at least it will be for a while. I have more to share, but will probably spread that out over the next few weeks. You may or may not want to know other things that have been going on in my life, so I should get back to that. 

I need to close the Kenya Log series with the culmination of our work. The Rabbit Project.

After the 45 minute ride from the rabbit project farm in Kikuyu to Southern Cross Academy in Maai Mahiu, the rabbits arrived at their new home. 
 The kids were understandably excited and wanted to know all about the rabbits. 

 They also wanted to help, so we let them move the food dishes. 

 Peter, the caretaker of the rabbits, doing one final inspection of the hutches. 

 Each rabbit got their own cage, with one of the six males in each of the rows. 
 Rachel did not want to give up the sweet Angora rabbit she had brought from Kikuyu. 
 Hey, little bunny, not to put any pressure on you, but you have work to do. 
 Make lots of baby bunnies so these kids will have an income at their school, so they can continue their education, learn lots and make a difference in their own lives and the lives of those around them. 
Last we heard, the rabbits were doing well. I’ll let you know in a few months how it all turns out.  

No comments: