Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A Ride with my two Besties

I’ve really enjoyed sharing my pictures from my recent trip to Africa, but as promised, I will start sprinkling in other adventures. I’m not done with Kenya, though, so stay tuned if you aren’t completely bored with it yet.

Earlier this year, as I was beginning to make our summer camping plans, I found out that the state park that we always go to in the UP had a significant amount of damage over the winter. Lake Superior eroded away so much of the shoreline that they lost part of the road and there was damage to the water lines to the restrooms. They didn’t know how much of the campground would be open for the summer or what services would be available. With heavy hearts, Hubby and I decided maybe we should try a different place this summer.
 The last weekend in April, we took a ride west of here to check out a few places.
Of course, we made a lot of stops along the way. The first was the historic stone bridge in Spirit.
 Next we stopped at the church in Ogema, just because they had a rummage sale. We surely don’t need any more rummage at our house, but couldn’t pass up the baked goods.
  The South Fork of the Jump River at Copper Dam campsite. I bet the water is even higher now. The campsite, however, was a little too rustic for us.
 At Lions Memorial Park on the Chequamegon Waters Flowage. 
 My handsome Dino. 
 Chippewa Campground near Hannibal in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest. Still rustic, but I think it could work for us. At least the campsites were large.
 The Chippewa River near Jim Falls.
 The only picture I took at Lake Wissota State Park in Chippewa Falls. I must have just been tired by then. Or else…

No comments: