Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A Recipe from the Non-Cook

I haven’t posted any recipes in a while. I like to type them on my blog and then save them on Pinterest so that I don’t lose them. I can always pull up my favorite recipes wherever I am as long as I have internet. Yup, I’m getting just like the kids. Hard to believe that at one time I did all my typing on a Smith-Corona manual typewriter, back when our black and white TV picked up three stations, but you had to move the rabbit ears to pick up channel 12. Yup, I’m that old.

Anyway, we had a potluck last week for a co-worker who was retiring. I don’t usually participate in potlucks because I have no luck coming up with food to contribute. This time, for some unknown reason, I signed up and said I’d bring popcorn salad.

Another co-worker who retired a few years ago had made it once for a potluck and gave me the recipe. We all thought it was pretty unique and no one had had it before. Turns out the exact recipe popped up as the first one on a Google search for “popcorn salad recipe”.

Ingredients

1 Bag of Old Dutch White Gourmet Popcorn
2 Bunches of Green Onions, chopped
2 Cups of Celery, chopped
2 Cans of Sliced Water Chestnuts, chopped
2 lbs. of Cooked Bacon, crumbled
2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese

2 Cups of Mayonnaise
2/3 Cups of Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Vinegar

Mix mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and refrigerate overnight.
In a large bowl mix together green onions, celery, bacon, and shredded cheese.
Just before serving mix the popcorn and mixture, then add the dressing. 
I cheat and use bacon bits and I don’t know how big their bag of popcorn is, but I only use half of mine and it’s some off brand. 


Bonus = popcorn left to eat!

No comments: