Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Crafty Me

I hadn’t planned on posting a blog today as I knew I wasn’t going to have time to write one last night. But here it is the middle of the night and I’m wide awake, so thought I might as well be productive.

A month ago, when my friends and I went to the Fox River Mall for a girls’ weekend, I went into Earthbound Trading on my quest to find the perfect purse. I had success, but by then I had been sucked into the back of the store and the sale rack. They had a stack of six foot square tapestries, originally priced at $39.99, but marked down to the $19.99. As the sales clerk came through, seeing me pawing through the pile and opening them all up, she said they were an additional 30% off.
I was like, “in addition to the already marked sales price? So, like for $14 each?”

“Oh, yes.” Then she added, “did you see the one hanging up in the dressing room?”

“Nooo.”

I had to check it out, and of course it was indeed the only one in that pattern and it was the one I had to have, so she took it off the wall for me. I can’t remember being more pleased with a shopping experience. The only downfall was that this sweet clerk had an obnoxious voice. Just like Janice’s on “Friends”. Remember when she’d say, “Chandler Bing” and then laugh? Anybody remember that?

I digress. 

 I knew I wanted to make a wrap skirt out of half of the material. Don’t know what I’ll do with the other half yet – this piece of material was that big. Of course, I forgot to get a picture of it until after I had started cutting it apart.
 Also, in case you are wondering, I did look up patterns for wrap skirts on-line, but they all seemed too complicated. I know, right? How can a wrap skirt be complicated? So I just laid my old wrap skirt on top of this piece of fabric, cut it out, sewed the sides and hem and added the waist band with tie. 



 The color in these pictures does not come close to doing it justice. You'll have to find me out and about wearing it sometime, perhaps this weekend when I am at Sara Park in Tomahawk, from 9 to 3 Saturday. I'll have all of my books for sale there, as well as our Kenyan merchandise, the sale of which will support our nonprofit organization, Tumaini Volunteers. My skirt and I will see ya then!