Sunday, November 26, 2017

Overflowing with Thankfulness

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. (Colossians 2:6-7, NIV)

Where has the month of November gone? The first Sunday of the month I said that I would spend the next four Sundays sharing all of the things I am thankful for. I have not even scratched the surface.

If you have been following my escapades the last week, you know that I have a lot to be thankful for. As tenuous as my health may seem when I am writing about it, I am so thankful that I am actually in very good health. In general, nothing more than some aches and pains with some insomnia thrown in.

I live in my dream house on my dream piece of property in my dream neighborhood – okay, maybe that is all a stretch, but I couldn’t be much happier with my living conditions. And even though my internet is slow and we don’t have very good cell phone coverage – really? Those are things to complain about?

I’m thankful to have a great job in a great office. Again, for those of you who know me personally, I may seem to grumble about it a lot. But having been there for nearly thirty years should say something.

I’m thankful for my dog and my cats, my car, cookies and chocolate, and having the money to afford all the things I need and a great deal of the things I want. I’m thankful I have thick hair, a reasonable sense of humor and a decent IQ. I’m thankful that I wear a common shoe size and pretty much any shoe I put on in that size fits – not that I’d ever actually wear most of those shoes.

All the things I am thankful for is a pretty endless list. I am so blessed! And when you think about it, I’m sure you’ll realize you are just as blessed.

May God bless you all with all that you need. Amen.   
Not only do I have a wonderful house and backyard, I have this amazing deck as well.
Goofy little Alice always sleeps with her neck stretched out. It doesn't look comfortable to me. 


The only picture I have of any shoes, but I am thankful that when these broke, I could go buy new ones. 

Don't know how I managed to pick this work picture, but I don't work with any of these people anymore. Luckily I work with a whole new group of great people. 

No comments: