Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankful for Today

 Happy Thanksgiving. And sorry that I didn’t post a blog yesterday, but as you will read, I had stuff going on.

 Looking at this picture, you might wonder what I have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving morning.
  I’m thankful that I can actually open the eye completely, it’s just partially open in the picture so that you can see the lid. I’m thankful that I don’t have a brain tumor, that I haven't had a stroke and that I can see out of both eyes. I’m thankful that even though the symptoms fit with Shingles, the eye doctor is stilling leaning towards this being just a stye, and that even if it is Shingles, they’re not actually in my eye.

 I also am thankful that I live in a community with a wonderful small-town clinic and that the staff there are all kind and caring and that they will squeeze in anyone who really needs to be seen same-day. You could believe because I work there, that I get special treatment as a patient, but we all treat all our patients equally – giving them all the time and attention that they need. I’m thankful they were able to get me in to see the eye doctor the same day, the day before a holiday.

 I’m thankful that my daughter was willing to drive me the 30 miles to the eye doctor. I could have driven myself, or the hubby was available and would have taken me, but I’m thankful that my daughter and I were able to have the afternoon together to talk and be ourselves.

 So what am I doing this Thanksgiving, besides hot-packing my eye? Enjoying my grand-puppies, maybe cleaning some cupboards, catching up on paperwork, and just being thankful for all that I have. Maybe I’ll pluck my eyebrows too. Yikes!


3 comments:

Beth Camp said...

I'm thankful you WENT to the doctor and got care right away . . . maybe because you are a wonderful medical practitioner . . . and maybe because it's Thanksgiving. Hot packs ahead! Happy day.

Denise said...

That looks exactly like the one I had in 8th grade for 3 weeks.

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

My eye is 97% better, so I'm still not sure if it was a sty or shingles. Both should take more than a few days to resolve. Oh, well, something else to be thankful for.