Sunday, November 12, 2017

Thankful to Live in the Land of the Free

 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28, New International Version)

For the month of November, I’m going to be posting here the things I am thankful for. Being as yesterday was Veteran’s Day, I must first recognize and thank all of our veterans. Whether they served during peace or war, they still served their country and assured us our freedoms.

There are so many others in my country who keep us safe and free – law enforcement officers, emergency services personnel, government officers. Ok that last one seems to be a stretch, but I still have to believe that at least some of our elected officials are trying to make our country a better place.

I thank God that I live in a country where I still have the freedom to worship Him, where I can hold down a job, live in a nice house, come and go as I please. There is a lot of tension in the US right now, a lot of bickering, a lot of dissension. It makes me very sad to see the things that are going on here, but I still have to thank God that it’s not as bad as in other countries. We have so much to be thankful for here in the United States. And even if there are times I speak badly of it, this is still the best place to live.


Thank You God for all the freedoms You give me. Thank You for granting me and my loved ones peace and safety. Amen.
My cousin, Ben Greene, who gave his life for his country in Viet Nam. 

My brother, Tom Loehmer, who served his country in the Dominican Republic. 


No comments: