Friday, October 12, 2018

Another Random Stop, of sorts

 I have written about this place many times over the past eight years. I’m not sure why the Green Lake Conference Center in Green Lake, Wisconsin has such a hold on me. Sure, there are the memories from my childhood, driving through the beautiful grounds, all the more fascinating because my mom’s cousin kept whispering, “It’s run by the Baptists, so we can’t stop because we are Lutherans.” Because, you know, us Lutherans are such rebels.

 Then there were those Green Lake Christian Writers Conferences that I attended for several years in a row. When I was “legal” and was welcomed to wander the grounds and buildings.

 Or maybe it is the sense of peace from nature, trees, the flowers. The man-made structures that seem to blend in seamlessly. God whispering in the breezes off the lake.

 This past June, on our way to our son’s house for the night, I talked Hubby into detouring, so I could take a quick wander through the grounds.


 I had already been planning on writing this blog post, when I got a letter in the mail yesterday from two writer-friends from those Writers Conferences, asking if I would be interested in a reunion of sorts next August at Green Lake. God smiling down on me. Again, no coincidences.  

No comments: