Friday, October 26, 2018

Butternut - Small Town Charm

     On Wednesday’s blog, I shared some of the places we discovered on a ride up north the first part of September. Today, I’m going to introduce you to an entire town we visited that day.

We had driven all the way through Butternut, when we passed this dreary house. I went, “Hubby! How can you not want to slam on the brakes when you see a building like that?” Like many men, he is oblivious to most of what he drives past.
After I took a few pictures and had to talk myself out of getting very close, I crawled back in our vehicle and asked the hubby if he wouldn’t just drive around this little town for a bit.
I found the murals fascinating.
According to the Butternut website, back in 2011, to raise money for the historical museum, residents could, for $225, sponsor an area citizen who has made an impact in the community at any time during its history.
You can read more about the project by clicking here.
Veterans always need to be recognized. I don’t care where you live.
The store fronts on Main Street are reminiscent of a time gone by.
Steve’s Corner Bar. What a fun looking building, huh? Too bad it was closed the day we drove by.
The Fanatical Fish Gallery was open. Nice art work, jewelry and other fun stuff for sale. 
Too bad I didn’t have any money on me.
I have to take pictures of historic old churches whenever I see them.

I didn’t find out much about Butternut Area Park or Mertig Field.
But they apparently play horseshoes here more than they play…

…football. 

Next time you are out for a drive, spend time exploring a random village or town. There’s always something to see.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I LOVE this post and totally would want to investigate that house