Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Three Weddings and I'm Done

     The 2018 Marriage Marathon actually began with the first wedding in June, that of one of my good friends. That was followed by the wedding in August at my house and the wedding reception of a former co-worker in September. But then October came. Bring it on. Three out of town weddings three weekends in a row.

First up was my niece’s daughter. 32 miles from home.
It looked like a beautiful day, sun was shining for a change, but the wind was brutally cold.
But one thing I have to say about this couple, they don’t let much bring them down.
Second was my husband’s goddaughter, daughter of one of his friends from high school. 132 miles from home.
We had snow on the drive down, and even though it was still cold and windy for the ceremony, the sun at least came out for a while.
The couple with both the bride’s godparents.
Finally, wedding number three. 186 miles away. But no distance would keep me away from the wedding of my son’s best friend from high school. That’s my boy, second from the left, next to the groom.
Here comes the beautiful bride.
The couple’s first dance, which they had practiced for hours, I heard.
Ahh, thanks to my hubby and kids for getting us all through the last three weeks. 
On to even better and bigger things. Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner.

No comments: