Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Yes, I would do it all over again.

We have three weddings to attend this month, which reminds me of a wedding from earlier this year. You may recall that August 4, my husband and I hosted his brother's wedding at our house. I've already posted on Facebook the pictures from the ceremony, so hopefully you have seen them already. I'm not sharing them again here, instead, you get to hear and see the rest of the story. 

The two months prior, Hubby and I put a lot of hours into getting our house and yard ready, but somethings waited until the last minute, coz that's how we roll.   
We'd been trying to get the driveway graveled and graded for two years. Two days before the wedding, I come home to this. Nice to get it done, but, Hubby, did you have to cut it that close?
I started hemming the bride's dress, I think, a full two weeks before.
I even put together the flowers for the tables one week before. 
I really don't want to talk about this one. Two weeks before the wedding, I thought I would wash the kitchen curtains to freshen them up. Well, they've been hanging in my kitchen since shortly after I moved here, 28 years ago. Yes, they've been washed a few times already. Apparently, many times, as one of the seams ripped apart in the wash this time. No problem, coz, of course, I have time to do extra sewing!
So appreciative that my cats even made their contribution a few days before.
The night before, the two brothers of the groom shaped the hamburgers to be grilled in the morning. 
A couple hours before the wedding and these two seem to think all the work is done.
Is my dining room really that big? Or am I just that small?
Ah, look at the yard. All thanks to my hubby's care of it all spring and summer.






Our Friar Tuck bear was a big hit. 
Even the groom thought so.
The pastor maybe not so much. He didn't want to be upstaged by a bear, I guess.
The bride and groom loading up their plates after the service. 
And someone was very relieved when it was all done.
But, of course, I would do it all over again.

No comments: