Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Getting to be about that time

 I haven’t slept well the last couple of nights. I realize it is a cyclic thing – can’t figure out the cycle, but I’ll sleep well for a few nights and then lay awake the next three or four. Anyway, so I was pretty foggy-headed all day yesterday, and as I started writing this last night, I just wanted to go to bed. Then I realized, I might not sleep again, so why waste my time.

 So that’s what I was thinking about on my way home from work and also that I needed to write something to post to my blog. Or not. Maybe I should stop wasting my time and watch TV at night like so many other people. Shoot, it’s a new season, isn’t it? There should be something on TV worth watching.  

 The whole “I’m going to stop writing thing” is cyclic too. Someday I will figure myself out.

 As tired as I was when I got home last night, and as chilly and dreary as it was outside, I still took Dino for a walk down the trails in the woods around our house. Then, when I realized how blessed I am to have this little patch of woods, I grabbed my camera and walked my trails again.

 I said to myself, “if any of these pictures turn out in this dim light, then that’s what I’ll put on my blog for Wednesday.” Then I added, “and I won’t quit writing.”


The pictures are okay. Then I had to play with the editing features.



 But I don’t know. It’s not about writing or taking pictures or getting enough sleep, maybe not even about taking a walk in search of peace. Maybe it’s just about being. Just being.


 Which reminds me of a quote from my sister Pat. “There’s something I want, but I don’t know what it is yet. I just feel restless. I’m not unhappy, it’s just getting to be about that time.”

No comments: