Friday, January 18, 2019

Flashback Friday - the packet labeled Paul

Most weeks, I don’t know where the time goes, but I at least try to keep track of what day it is. Here it is another Friday morning, and I am totally unprepared to write a blog post. The professionals would probably say that I’m better off not posting anything, than posting something lame and thrown together in five minutes. Yet here I am, bucking the system.

Going through Mom’s old pictures last Sunday, I found a pack labeled “Dad/Paul’. I’d never seen these four pictures before and only one was clearly labeled.

This is my dad’s sister Emmy and her husband Jeff Jeffers. In 1934, age 22, she was diagnosed with heart disease, some type of valve disorder.  At the time, there was nothing that could be done about it.  She and her husband decided that because of that they would not have any children.  They lived for a time in Chicago and Iowa, as well as Tripoli, Wisconsin.  They moved to California in 1954, where she died two weeks later at age 42.  The cause of death was listed as pneumonia, but in the 21st century, the diagnosis probably would have been congestive heart failure, a product of the valve disease. 
The other three pictures, I have no clue. I’ll have to keep studying them. 




No comments: