Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The Team Arrives in Kenya

I was looking back over my posts the last few months, and I don’t see that I mentioned that our nonprofit organization is taking a team back to Kenya this month. Where have I been???

My son Nick and daughter Val recruited her husband, a girl my kids went to high school with and the girl’s mother. Nick actually had been in Ghana, Africa, with Engineers without Borders since the end of December. 
He was supposed to be helping build a school, but also spent time believing he was Steve Irwin.
He flew from there to Kenya last week. Val, Kaine, Alyssa and Maureen all arrived Monday evening (that’s our time; it was four am in Kenya).
They are there to start the Anyoraa Community Center. I wrote about that when Nick and I returned home last spring. Before they can start the project, however, they are doing some acclimating, apparently. That’s probably a good idea, though, since three of them have never been to Africa before.

I’ll try to share more pictures when I get them from the team. 







No comments: