Sunday, January 13, 2019

How Many Gifts were Given this Week?

  For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8 (New International Version)

Last Sunday I shared with you that my word for 2019 is Gift. Not surprisingly, that word is found a lot in the Bible. Today’s verse might be familiar to you; I’ve seen it used a fair amount.

Last week, in addition to sharing this word and a different verse which inspired me to choose it, I mentioned that my goal for the year is to share my gifts of time, talent, and resources with those in need. As today’s passage reminds us, however, I’m not going to tell you if I shared any of my gifts this past week. That’s for me and God to know, for the recipient to maybe find out and for you to definitely not know.

All I can say is that my stinginess still far outweighs my generosity. But don’t we all have a long way to go with that?

Thank You, Lord God, for giving us the greatest Gift, that of salvation, given freely and lovingly. Amen.
This was actually a gift to our parents in 1991. My brother, sisters and me. Before ugly sweaters were a thing. 

No comments: