Wednesday, March 6, 2019

An Unexpected Gift

When I started the car after work just a month ago, this is what showed up.  
Lights are on, lights are on bright. I don’t have my seat belt on. Yet. I have a low tire, or several. And the check engine light is on. Way too much color on the panel, eh?

The hubby checked the tires the next morning, and I naturally put my seatbelt on before I put the car in gear. That check engine light? It had been on for a while, and we had already taken the car to the garage to have it checked. You know mechanics. They said there was nothing wrong with the car and not to worry about that light. Which was okay, except what if something changed and suddenly there was something wrong with the engine. How would I know?

When I started the car yesterday morning – shazam - the check engine light was off. (No, I didn’t take a picture. Do you think I’m totally nuts?)


Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent, the first day on the somber journey to Good Friday and the glory of Easter morning. On Sunday, I posted that I would find a gift in each day between now and then, and though I won’t tell you about each and every one of them, I’ll share a few. That check engine light going off? I know it is a very small thing, but it was still a gift to me. One less thing to worry about. And a reminder that with Jesus riding shotgun, we really don’t have to worry about anything. 

No comments: