Sunday, March 31, 2019

My Meme, along with Inspiration

  Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
(Romans 12:12 NIV)

I’ve gotten my inspiration from the same place in the past, and though I feel somewhat guilty about it, I will admit to it. Yes, I saw this Bible verse on a picture on Facebook. I guess it would really be called a meme. But to be sure I had to look up the definition of “meme” on the internet, and well, that almost led me down another rabbit hole.

Time to focus.

Be joyful in hope, because when there seems as if there is nothing else, there is always hope. In this life you will have trouble, so be patient with that. What’s that saying? It will be all right in the end and if it’s not all right, it’s not the end. And finally pray without ceasing.

That’s probably as many Bible passages, inspirational sayings or clichés that I’m allowed to write at one time.

Oh, and even if the words aren’t mine, the picture is, taken last summer of the Mansfield Pioneer Church. Mansfield, Michigan, was the site of one of the worst mining accident in Michigan history. I thought I blogged more about it after I was there last July. But, well, when I found that blog post, it led me down yet another rabbit hole. (You might want to click here to read it.) It's funny how, when I was looking for a picture to post, that this one kept coming back to me. After I read that blog post from last year, I guess I figured out why. 

At the end of the day, though, I still have joy, hope, patience, faith, along with a few afflictions and lots of prayers. 

No comments: