Friday, March 1, 2019

Streets of Snow and Ice

 It has been a very long time since I posted about walking the streets of my town. From the weather to a bad foot to having no time, I have a myriad of reasons. Today, I thought it was time to at least take a drive around my little city of Tomahawk, Wisconsin to capture at least some of the impressive amounts of snow we’ve had so far this year.

No one knows where we can possibly put any more snow, yet here it is the first of March, the month during which we historically acquire the greatest snowfall. Will keep you posted. . . 

Memorial Park looking across the Wisconsin River
 Looking south across the river towards Memorial Park
 The Bridge Inn Hotel. Out of town snowmobilers might be spending the night there. 
 Home of the Kwahamots Water Ski Team. Probably not on the water today. 
The reason why we don't bury people until spring around here. 
 Oh, my, just a little bit of ice on the door at Dollar General.
 More ice on the eaves
 Ice on a lot of eaves
 At SARA Park recreation center too
 The icicles form that way from the wind blowing at the building
 Ice at the public library
 Along with the snow and snowbanks which are everywhere in town
The old Hy-Rider building
 The old VFW hall in Jersey City. Been a while since I've been past it.
I mostly was driving today, as what sidewalks are shoveled look like this, which makes me a little claustrophobic
 I always wonder about the houses of the "snowbirds", who is watching their houses while they are south for the winter. 
 What if they come home from their warm winter to this? It looks like this may have collapsed a while ago, but is hard to tell. If anyone reading this knows whose house this is, maybe they should contact them. It's about a half mile east of the radio station on Mohawk Drive. 


And even if we don’t get any more snow, where is this going to go when it melts? 

No comments: