Friday, March 22, 2019

Flashback Friday - Tidbits from the Newspaper

I was going to blog about something else today, but then I lost the thing I needed – okay, I lost the recipe of the dish I made for supper last Friday and I had wanted to tell you how good it was.

So, instead, it’s time for another Flashback Friday.

Bless my momma’s heart. She saved a whole box of obituary clippings. In 2019, you can find anybody’s obituary on-line, but for those souls who left us before the internet, you might not dig up their information so easily. And not only their obituaries, but other tidbits which the newspaper ran.


My maternal grandmother, Paulina “Lena” Steinbach was born in 1893, married Richard Jahn in 1912 and died in 1964. What stories she could tell. Or maybe I’ll have to tell those stories another time. 
Beautiful, amazing lady. 


No comments: