Friday, November 22, 2019

Just a bit of catching up

     On Wednesday, I finished telling you about my trip to Kenya the end of September. It took me twenty-one installments, but I knocked it out and thought I might take today off. And then I laughed at myself and said, “yea, right.”

 Just a couple things that have come up since I’ve been home which I’ve been wanting to share.

 First, on the Monday after I returned from Africa, I had the day off, so Hubby and I traded in my cute little Dodge  
 For a Nissan. I am 96% happy with it, especially the heated seats. But I still do feel guilty that having just come back from once again witnessing the poverty of a third-world country, that I go and spend all this money on a new (used) car. Granted, it was about the third cheapest vehicle on the lot, but still, a lot of money.
 The following week, on Friday, I got my long hair chomped off. Yes, I should have taken a before picture, or at least a picture of the pile of hair that was left on the floor. No, not long enough for locks of love, plus the ends still had coloring in it from when I didn’t want all that grey. 
 The day after the haircut, we went to Hubby’s nephew’s wedding. A lot of fun. 
 Two weeks after that we went to his aunt’s ninetieth birthday party. 

 Oh, and then there was Halloween in between.
 Good heavens, no wonder I am tired all the time and have had a cold for two and a half weeks that I can’t quite seem to shake. With Thanksgiving on the horizon and Christmas just beyond, I don’t see much change in speed for another month or two.

 How about you? Starting to bite off more than you can chew and longing for a long vacation? But somehow, we always get through it, don’t we?

No comments: