Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Sept 26 & 27 - Miscellaneous Projects

     Yikes! For a month and a half now, I’ve been writing blog posts about my trip to Kenya earlier this fall. I was thinking the other day that it was time to wrap up this series, yet here I am, realizing there will be at least three more. Sorry to bore you, but that’s life.
 When my kids were in Kenya last January, they started work on this building. It’s been pretty much finished in the last few months. 



 
 Initially, it was going to be the first segment of the community center for the Maasai women, but then it was decided that it would make a better chicken coop.

 Nice, huh?  
 But then they realized that these critters love chicken.
 So there needs to be some more work done to make it mongoose-proof before moving in the chicks.
 Here’s another project in the works. I’ve heard of this before.
 Save enough water bottles, fill them with sand, stack them, and they become walls for your building.

 So many ideas, so much that needs to be done. How does one decide which project to focus on? Which ones are going to be the most helpful, yet most economical to get up and running?

No comments: