Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Thanksgivings Past

     I’ve been planning this year’s Thanksgiving dinner, and I think the current headcount is 15. It depends on the weather though. Remember I live on the edge of the arctic circle, practically, so it’s anybody’s guess. Our power went out at six this morning and there's about six inches of snow on the ground with lots more falling. Might have some trees falling, too, before we're done.

 Anyway, let's think turkey day instead. Before we jump into this year’s fray, I thought I’d share the best of the pictures of Thanksgivings past, ever since Hubby and I acquired Thanksgiving as “our holiday”. 

2010. The first recorded Thanksgiving with all of us around the table in the living room (because who has a dining room big enough for this many people?).
 2011. The table is set, but what I noticed about this picture is the football player on the TV. Man, that was eight years ago!
 2012. Another very nice table set up, ready for food and guests. 
 2013. Battle of the pies, apparently. 
 2014. A shot of the prepping going on in the kitchen. 
 2015. I actually had a lot of good pictures from this year; it was hard to pick just one. But the winner was what looks like Ross pouring gravy in his beer. 
 2016. That year we had our highest headcount. 19. We had always been putting together two tables, but that year we had to make it three!
 2018. The bird resting before his big debut. (Unfortunately, we missed 2017 because Hubby was working.)
Watch for the 2019 pictures as soon as I have digested this year's meal.

No comments: