Friday, January 10, 2020

Word of the Year, 2020

 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31 New International Version)

Once again, I have a new idea. After looking at the date, duh, shouldn’t we all pick something like 'vision' or 'seeing' or 'perfect eyesight' as our word (or words) of the year.

Nooo, don’t be silly. Or totally unoriginal. I was thinking about something like "soar" or "fly" or "rise above". When I did a search of Bible verses with those words, I came up with the verse above. 

So, that is my verse for the year. And my word is 'Strength'.

I think most of us want to be strong. Work-out and get in shape, have the ability to kick some butt if the opportunity ever arose.

Or mentally and emotionally strong. I’m not going to cry at the end of the sappy movie. I’m not going to let some bully get the best of me. I’m not going to fall apart when things go awry.

Maybe being strong, having inner and outer strength is all of those things. Yes, maybe things I’d like to strive for this year.

But mostly, I want to seek the place where that strength best comes from. 
Stay tuned. . . 

No comments: