Sunday, January 26, 2020

Strength of Spirit


    I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19 New International Version (NIV)

I chose the word “strength” as my word of the year and have also, it seems, chosen it to be the word of this blog for Sundays during the month of January.

As is often the case, there really isn’t much I can add to the verses above. I’m thankful, though, for the reminder that not only does Christ Jesus strengthen me, but also that His love is wider and longer and higher and deeper than I can imagine.

Lord God, thank You for sending Your Son to be my Savior, my Strength and my Friend. Amen.

No comments: