Sunday, January 12, 2020

Strength

“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2

So, the other day when I started telling you about what my word of the year was going to be, I think I mentioned that the word (in one form or another) is found 232 times in the New International Version of the Bible.

“Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.” Isaiah 33:2

Here’s new information for you. It appears 27 times in the Book of Isaiah alone.

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” Isaiah 40:29

I really can’t think of much more that I can say about it.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

Except that some of these are our most beloved Bible verses.

“The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.” Isaiah 58:11

I must have chosen a pretty amazing word for this year. Only with the help of God can I make this year just as amazing. 
Draft horses always impress me with their strength and gentleness (in general). 

No comments: