Sunday, October 25, 2020

Having Hope

 I consider that what we suffer at this present time cannot be compared at all with the glory that is going to be revealed to us. Romans 8:18, Good News Translation

 I didn’t get around to writing my Sunday blog post last night, so when I couldn’t sleep at one am, I got up and thought I’d work on it. The only thing that came to me was “hope”.

It’s been a rough ten months for most of us. Not just with the pandemic. A lot of people I know have suffered in other ways this year – deaths, surgeries, cancer, natural disasters, unnatural disasters. You name it, a whole set of adversity has befallen us all this year.  

And yet, the word “hope” came to me in the night. 

It’s been unseasonably cold and snowy here so far this month. It’s put a damper on quite a few of our fall activities – are those leaves ever going to get raked up?

But that’s why we have hope. Hope that we will still have some warm, autumn days. Hope that we have a mild winter. And if those wishes fail, we are assured that spring will come. Maybe it will be later than sooner, but some day, perhaps many months from now (possibly as many as six!), the sun will come out, the grass will turn green again, flowers will bloom. And we will find the time to gather up those withered leaves.

 Thank You, God, for the seasons and the hope that the weather will turn for the better one day. And thank You for the assurance that Your Son Jesus will return one day as well in all His glory. Amen


.  

No comments: