Sunday, October 18, 2020

No Title, No Picture

   ‘Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, 
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ 
 Isaiah 41:10, New King James Version

 When I sat down to write this, and I first found this verse, it crossed my mind to just leave it at that. I don’t really have to write here every Sunday morning, do I? Isn’t it enough to just share a Bible verse? I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before that God’s words are way better than mine any time. 
 
There is such a hodge-podge of thoughts running through my head. Such as, that I should have started with a different verse, one of those that are about being tired and placing your burdens on the Lord and finding rest and all those which I have told you about in the past. I just liked the image of being held up by God’s righteous right hand. 

Coz I really need that. 

Not only the sorrow over my mother-in-law’s death or the stress of supporting my husband in settling her estate or the head-spinning exhaustion from working to clear out her house. True story - I did wake up the other morning so dizzy that I was walking around like a drunken sailor. 

Just add on top of that the pandemic and how badly we all just want to hug again. And I read the reports, both via the news and social media. I see the numbers of COVID cases growing and then I see the names of people I personally know and have cared for. 

It’s been cold and rainy here all week. We try to keep up our spirits, saying, “well, at least it’s not snowing.” Really? Coz it was snowing like crazy here yesterday morning and on the way to town we saw the first winter car-in-the-ditch. 

Has anyone gotten any good news this year? I mean really good news that wasn’t taken down a notch because there was something bad giggling in the background? 

The end of last year, as I was writing my year-end blog posts, I kept tallying up the bad things that had happened and kept wishing for the new year to begin. I have to stop myself from wishing that this year. Coz, holy cow, if 2021 is worse??? 

All I can say, to myself and to you, is to not be afraid, not to despair. Fall into the strong arms of Jesus. Talk about a hug! Can you just imagine that? I know that I do. 

Lord, Jesus, thank You for carrying the weight of our burdens, thank You for offering a sheltering place to rest, thank You for always being our help in times of trouble. Amen.

No comments: