Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Two Waterfalls This Time – blog post #3 from the family vacation

Back to family vacation at the cabin up north. Last Wednesday, I only got through a few hours of Sunday morning – one scenic overlook, a river crossing and one waterfalls. Man, I could be blogging about this trip until Christmas!

After we had seen all we wanted to at Foster Falls, we drove the few miles to Wren Falls. Another spectacular place to visit.

I’d been to Wren Falls before too, years ago. I always find it so amazing that here in northern Wisconsin, just two hours from where I live, that there are these impressive waterfalls that I picture seeing in the Alps.

You don’t even realize you are that high up and the river is that far below until you are standing on the edge of a cliff, going holy cow, that’s a lot of water running way down there.

Such is Wren Falls. You think of a wren as a little bird, like this will be a little waterfall. No, not so much. My waterfalls book claims the falls is 15 feet. It seems much taller than that, probably because the river roars through a tight canyon at that point.

Very scenic spot. We hiked a way past the falls to a nice new bridge. It was part of a hiking trail and if I remember right, it led to a camping spot which was under development. No idea how anyone gets equipment back there to develop anything though.



After eating lunch in the parking lot, we headed out to find the next waterfalls in the book, Rouse Falls. I don’t know if that rhymes with grouse, but here was one crossing the road.

I’d never heard of this falls before, and the directions made it look like this one would be a challenge, but off we went anyway.

Once we got there, I was like – this really was not hard to find at all.

Rouse Falls could be one of my favorite new waterfalls. Well, it was for that day, anyway; little did I know where my son would take us the next day.

But that’s for another blog. Here is more of Rouse Falls. 


The dogs really liked it, too. 



A great day. And it wasn't over yet. 

No comments: