Friday, December 8, 2023

Hungry

          “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.” (Matthew 25:34-35, New International Version)

If you remember from yesterday, those on the right were the sheep. As believers, their names were in God’s Book; they would make it to heaven. They fed those who were hungry and thirsty. They gave strangers a place of rest.  

But they were put on God’s right side because the stranger they fed was Jesus.

Here’s a sudden thought I had. Who invited Jesus in, when Mary and Joseph were looking for a place for Him to be born? Maybe the words Invited, In, and Inn should be tomorrow's words. Nope, guess again. 

No comments: