Saturday, December 23, 2023

Yoke


      “Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke and put it on you, and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit; and you will find rest. For the yoke I will give you is easy, and the load I will put on you is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30, Good News Translation) 

As you know, I’ve been going through the alphabet the month of December, leading up to Christmas Eve. (And, yes, I skipped Q and X.)

I’ve been keeping each post short, as it’s a challenge to write much every day. I've also kept my personal life out of my blog for a change. But today’s word warrants a little more.  

If you know me, you probably recall that I’ve been dealing with pain since April 1, first in just my low back, but over the months, it has spread everywhere throughout my body. It has become a heavy load for me. Add to that the many other stressors in my life, and that yoke completely drags me down.

Every day I’m reminded of the above verse, and I thank God for sending His Son to be our Savior. Jesus bore our heaviest loads on the cross when He died for our sins. I need not carry all that weight on my yoke. I need to turn it over to Jesus.

It’s taken eight months, but praise God, my pain has started to lift.  

No comments: