Monday, May 9, 2011

Lost

Here is Nick, age one and a half, the summer he spent at my parents'. My mom took a picture of him, dressed just like this, walking through the woods with my dad and his dog. We all just loved that picture. And it seems to have disappeared off of the face of the earth.

1987 was way before digital photography, so you wouldn't think those things could possibly happen anymore. Not in my world. Right.

As I have been sharing all of my travels with you these last months, I have scanned into the computer the pictures of these travels. At long last, in 2006, I got a digital camera. Ah-ha, no more scanning. Don't I wish. It appears that a great deal of the pictures I took between 2006 and 2009, once I had them printed the old-fashioned way, I deleted them from all digital media. What is wrong with me?

Just now, as I was allowing myself to distress about the situation, I read this blog posted by a friend of mine. Wow, just the thing I needed to read right now.

It just never fails to amaze me that God is paying attention to measly useless me. I sure have no right to complain about a few lost pictures.

No comments: