Friday, May 6, 2011

Scenic Buildings

Every city has their own “favorite son”, someone who has made a name for himself, become famous, someone who has done his town proud. For Superior, Wisconsin, that man was Richard I. Bong. Thus, when my husband and I spent a few days in Superior in 2007, we had to visit the Bong Museum.

The actual name of the facility is the Richard I. Bong Veterans Historical Center. It is a tribute to the men and women who fought so valiantly in World War II. There are exhibits of the Korean War and the Vietnam War as well. It was an interesting place, and would probably be even more fascinating to the military buff. I just don’t like dwelling on things like war very much.

The only other building we toured that summer in that city was Fairlawn Mansion. Now, I now I told you all about this place once already, so I am not going to go back over it. I am going to remind you though, that, there is still a story brewing in my head. Someday I promise to write about those orphans.

No comments: