Saturday, June 18, 2011

A time to plant . . .

In 2006, as you probably know, I traveled to Kenya on a mission trip with my daughter and 13 others. Each day one of our team members was assigned to lead devotions. When it was my turn, I opened the Bible to Ecclesiastes 3 and was amazed that every line was something I had witnessed while in Africa. Over the next several weeks, I will be sharing those reflections in my Sunday blog.

A Time to plant and a Time to pluck up what was planted

In Najile, we had the opportunity to visit the garden of Pastor Joseph. He has been sharing his irrigation system and gardening techniques with the local people. Up until this time, the Maasai had been letting their cattle and goats graze free-range, which not only destroys the eco-system, but means that the Maasai are not eating a balanced diet. The ability to farm will help them to become healthier and more self-sufficient.


No comments: