Thursday, June 7, 2012

Go on living

"If you enjoy living, it is not difficult to keep the sense of wonder."

Whenever someone famous dies who was very old, I say to my husband, "didn't he die a long time ago?" And so it was when I read this morning that Ray Bradbury, age 91, had passed away. When he was a small boy, a carnival magician touched him with his sword and said, "live forever." Certainly, Mr. Bradbury will live forever through his many, many works. I sadly must admit that I don't remember reading his two most famous works, Fahrenheit 451 and The Martian Chronicles. In high school, however, I did read many of his short stories. What a fascinating mind! 


I've been looking up quotes for today's blog. My goodness, he did have a lot to say. Though I will never, ever be as prolific as Ray Bradbuy, I can dream that someday something I wrote or said in passing will pop up on an internet search.


 "We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out." 



No comments: