Thursday, October 4, 2012

Renaissance

I have that word on my white board in my office because I can never remember how to spell it. How sad, huh? What does it even mean? A lot of different things to different people I suppose. To me, it pretty much means the Minnesota Renaissance Festival where I was this past Sunday.

Instead of giving you a play-by-play, or any kind of play at all, here are just a few of the pictures.

 Waiting to be let into the grounds. You have to get there half an hour before it opens if you want to park anywhere within a comfortable walking distance. Seriously. The parking lot (aka field) has to be 40 acres.
 Inside the Enchanted Forest. To get there you have to go through the Hobbit hole. The misguided 13-year-old girl who we took along didn't know what a hobbit was. Scary what our kids aren't learning in school.
 The Secret Garden just past the Enchanted Forest.
 Some of the buildings on the grounds with lots of people on the grounds.
 It is really a challenge to get a good action picture of the Joust.
This would have to be the best action shot.
Me and the misguided 13-year-old, after we were sprinkled with fairy dust. Another way you can tell she is not my child is that she truly believes that fairy is spelled "faery". Seriously, what is wrong with our youth. 

No comments: