Sunday, October 7, 2012

Winter is on its way.

From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land. Matthew 27:45



It’s hard to believe that only a week ago, the view out my back door was stunning.  The reds and yellows bathed my yard in color, practically glowing.
.
 All it took were a few dreary windy days for the leaves to fall to the ground.











Before I know it there will be snow on that ground. I used to love winter, but those days seem to be gone. I hole up in my house when it is cold out and I just don’t play in the snow like I used to. But I have spring to look forward to.

In just five or six short months, the snow will be melted and my trees will be budding out again. Life will return to my backyard.

It reminds me of Good Friday. The cold, the darkness. But Easter Sunday arrived and the sun (the Son) broke out and covered the land, bringing life to all who believed.





















Lord, thank you for the many seasons of our lives. Help me to remember that no season will last forever and that warm days will return. And that someday I will be living in the endless season of life in heaven. Amen  

2 comments:

J.S. Andersen said...

I love your pictures and like your blog. Thank you for posting it on LinkdIn and now you have a new follower.

Have a great day.

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Thanks for the comment Jeanette and for the follow. Chris