Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Snippits

Many years ago, back when I did rummage sales to raise money for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life, one of our team members brought over this huge copper kettle to sell. I thought it was terribly cool, so I threw five dollars into my own cash box and put the kettle on my front stoop. Where it sat for many years, not being so cool anymore.

This spring, I hauled the kettle to the back yard and parked it next to my deck. My wonderful husband drilled some holes in the bottom for drainage and filled it with dirt.  

The rest is a story told in pictures.
May, just got the dirt in the kettle.

May, just got the flowers in, pansies and Gerbera daisies.

June

July. I don't know how I missed August.

September

October. I guess we are done til spring
I am taking a diversion in my usual blogging schedule this month. Instead of sharing the many fascinating (not!) stories of my life, I am going to blog only short snippets of where I am at in my writing. I have a lot of accomplish in the month of November. I hope you will be a part of it, but I understand if it becomes boring. I just pray you come back to me when things get exciting again. 

No comments: